Effective January 1, 2018, First County Bank Foundation will only accept applications submitted online. Our priority areas of focus are programs that:
- Support community and economic development such as job skills training and placement, initiatives to promote independence and self-sufficiency, meeting food, clothing, health and shelter needs, senior services and family support programs
- Increase the availability of affordable housing and programs that support quality of life including supportive and transitional housing, housing rehabilitation programs and first time homebuyer initiatives
- Provide educational enrichment for families and children including mentoring programs, summer activities, funding for college classes and parenting classes
- Special consideration will be given to those agencies/programs benefiting low-to-moderate income populations in our market.
- Grant requests supporting specific programs will be given priority over requests for general operating support.
- While all grant requests are considered, the average standard grant amount awarded is in the range of $2,500 to $5,000.
To be eligible for grants from the Foundation, organizations must:
- Have nonprofit tax exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Have programs located in Stamford, Norwalk, Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Westport or Fairfield
- Have community support
- Address community needs
- Have measurable outcomes
- Demonstrate fiscal and administrative responsibility
The First County Bank Foundation does not support the following: Individuals; Capital/Endowment Campaigns; Fundraising Events; Sponsorship Opportunities; Trips/Tours/Conferences; Deficit Spending/Debt Liquidation; Religious organizations, unless stated program is for the benefit of the community; Private/Parochial Schools; Organizations that discriminate in any way; Organizations not open to the public; Political causes.
Standard Grant Application forms are accepted from January 1st to March 31st each year. Applications will not be accepted after March 31st.
We offer three different Grant Applications for various members of our community. The Standard Grant, the CommunityFirst Grant, and the FirstClass Grant for Teachers.Read More ›
The CommunityFirst Grant forms are accepted year-round and reviewed quarterly. This grant supports local nonprofits that address community needs with measurable outcomes.Read More ›